Formals (aka. Location Portraits)
Formals photography is an essential aspect of any wedding day, capturing the beauty, joy, and love between the newlyweds and their loved ones. Below, we will briefly explore the different elements of formals, the importance of selecting the perfect locations, and how we work to create captivating portraits that showcase your love story.
What are Formals?
Formals, also known as location portraits, are professionally directed and posed photographs taken at various locations throughout your wedding day. These photos focus on the couple, their families, and wedding party, capturing their portraits. Formals photography is often considered the most visually striking and memorable part of a wedding album, showcasing the couple in all their wedding day splendor.
Key Elements of Formals Photography
Our formals photography coverage includes a variety of groupings and settings, ensuring a diverse and visually stunning collection of images:
- Couple individually and together with each family member, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower person, and ring bearer, as well as any other special attendants.
- The largest amount of time for formals is dedicated to creating beautiful portrait photos of the newlywed couple, both individually and together.
- Directed portrait photos taken at other moments throughout the day at selected and opportune locations, depending on location, time, and available light.
The Importance of Location Selection
The choice of location plays a crucial role in the overall aesthetic and feel of your formals photography. Whether you opt for the ceremony and reception venue, a picturesque outdoor setting, or a meaningful spot that holds sentimental value, the backdrop should complement and enhance the beauty of your love story. We work closely with you to select locations that match your vision and provide stunning scenery for your formals photographs.
Tips for a Successful Formals Photography Session
To ensure a smooth and enjoyable formals photography experience, we recommend the following:
- Prepare a list of desired groupings and share it with your photographer before the wedding day. This helps us plan the session efficiently and ensures that no important shots are missed.
- Allocate sufficient time for formals photography in your wedding day schedule. This allows for a relaxed and unhurried atmosphere, ensuring the best possible results.
- Designate a trusted family member or attendant to assist in gathering people for group photos. Their help can be invaluable in keeping the session organized and on schedule.
Formals is a vital part of your wedding day photo collection, immortalizing the love, joy, and connections that make your celebration truly special. We are committed to creating a captivating visual narrative that showcases your unique love story, ensuring that these cherished memories are preserved for a lifetime. By understanding the importance of formals photography, selecting the perfect locations, and preparing in advance, you can ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience that results in breathtaking images you will treasure forever.